For those of you who, like me, didn’t already get the memo: This week is…
All of America’s amazing natural treasures are on display with tons of special events, giveaways, and free admission! I was lucky enough to have spent this past weekend exploring the Province Lands at the Cape Cod National Seashore. As I walked along the beach in the shadow of the shifting dunes I felt so incredibly grateful that special these special and unique landscapes are a part of our National Park System. It’s so important that we protect these natural wonders and supporting this cause is what National Park Week is all about!
In celebration of National Park Week, I’ve taken it upon myself to compile Kayak Dave’s list of the 10 best national parks for sea kayaking. I’ve also included links to Trip Reports from those parks on the list that I have been lucky enough to have visited so far with the hopes of inspiring our readers to plan a paddling trip to a National Park this season:
Kayak Dave’s List of the Top 10 National Parks for Sea Kayaking:
- Acadia National Park, Maine
- Kenai Fijords National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska
- Virgin Islands National Park, St. John, USVI
- Channel Islands National Park, California
- San Juan Islands National Historic Park, Washington
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Michigan
- Cape Cod National Seashore, Massachusetts
- Everglades National Park, Florida
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore, North Carolina
Also, here’s a link to an excellent Canoe & Kayak Magazine article that may further inspire a paddling trip to one of our National Parks! Be sure to check out the National Park Week website to learn more about parks near you, view this week’s schedule of events, and enter to win a National Park Getaway!